Brian and Brad discuss AC Coupling, touching on it’s history, how it works, and common applications.
Questions discussed in this episode:
- What exactly is AC Coupling and how did it come about?
- How is AC Coupling different than DC Coupling?
- When would an AC-coupled system be an advantage or a disadvantage?
- Which inverters would you recommend for an AC-coupled system?
- How can you prevent battery overcharge in an AC-coupled system?
- I installed a system with a grid-tied inverter but it turns out I can’t net meter. Would AC Coupling help?
- Would it be possible to add on a small backup system to a larger grid-tied system?
Podcast feed: http://aeesolar.com/feed/podcast