Brian and Paul talk with AEE’s commercial-scale PV systems expert, Glenn Hall about recent trends and questions that came up during his recent webinar.
Questions discussed in this episode:
- Does mounting string-inverters on the roof decrease energy production or inverter lifetime?
- Can AEE recommend an online tool for demand offsetting calculations?
- Have you seen/heard of the RSD’s interfering with an inverter’s ability to run their arc fault self-checks during initial start-up?
- What are the advantages of the HiQ inverter line beyond rapid shutdown compliance?
- Does mounting on the short side of the module frame reduce the wind and snow load ratings of the modules?
- Are you seeing microinverters being used for smaller ground mount systems?
- The solar edge site analysis tool will often recommend only 2 single-phase inverters on a 3-phase system. What do you think?
- Can ballasted mounting systems impair a roof warranty?
- Do you think single-axis trackers live up to the promise of increased production for most systems?
- What is the effect of latitude on single-axis trackers?
Podcast feed: http://aeesolar.com/feed/podcast