Brian and Brad discuss Off-Grid System Design, touching on new battery technologies, different ways to string batteries, and the various applications for an off-grid system.
Questions discussed in this episode:
- In terms of quality cost ratio, would you recommend lithium ion? Comparing to older technologies such as lead acid?
- Which parameter is the best parameter to increase when we want to oversize an off-grid system? Battery capacity? Peak sun hour?
- What will happen if there are more loads on than what the system was designed to support? Will there be voltage sag? Or system shutdown?
- What is the max number of battery strings you suggest?
- Do you ever cross tie battery strings for a more matrix type system?
- How would you design a system for an RV with a 50 amp outlet?
- Will there be an off-grid solution using AC modules as they enter the marketplace?
- What are your thoughts on off-grid systems and electric vehicles?
- What would your guidance be for a seasonal cabin application?
Podcast feed: http://aeesolar.com/feed/podcast