Today is California Clean Air Day, a day to recognize the current state of our air in California and pledge to do our part to clean it. According to the Coalition for Clean Air, Californians are four times more likely to experience serious air pollution-related problems than the general U.S. population, and 7 of the 10 most ozone-polluted U.S. cities are in California. That’s some serious motivation to take steps to clean our air!
How can you make a difference? Here are some actions you can take to clean up the air, as part of the California Clean Air Day pledge:
- Plant a tree, a home garden, or an indoor plant in your home/office
- Leave your car at home by:
- Walking or biking to work/school
- Taking public transit
- Bringing a lunch to work or walking to lunch
- Don’t idle your engine
- Take a carpool when ride hailing
- Change your home air filter
- Change your car cabin air filter
- Replace gas-powered yard tools with electric or hand-powered tools
- Switch to natural all-purpose cleaner only
- Make all online purchases in one order each week
Tell us what you are doing today to clean the air!